“Mastering the Art of Business Networking”
A Corporate Training Program
Many people avoid networking or try it and then reject it when they don’t get their desired results.
Effective networking skills give you a competitive business edge. They help you build connections face-to-face and online to establish relationships for the long-term and attract more clients.
- Business Owners
- Marketing and sales professionals
- Create a strategy for networking success
- Improve comfort and performance in networking
- Develop personal communication skills that will help build effective business relationships
Training Program Structure:
Five, 2 hour (semimonthly or monthly) interactive onsite training sessions
Participants will learn to develop and put into practice the tools and techniques to become effective networkers.
Each session includes: lecture, discussion, exercises, role playing, videotaping, handouts.
Assignments will be given during the course of the program to reinforce the concepts taught in each session.
We will discuss specific challenges and successes the participants encounter in the real world during each class.
Session One - PLANNING TO NETWORK
- Determine networking purpose and goals
- Face-to-face vs. online networking
- Create a strategic networking plan
- Find the right networking groups and events
- Networking Do’s and Don’ts
Session Two - MAKING A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION
- Look and feel confident
- How to enter a room
- Work the room with ease
- Develop an engaging conversation
- Break into a group
- Exit a conversation
Sessions Three and Four - DEVELOPING A MEMORABLE INTRODUCTION
- Create different elevator speeches based on area(s) of expertise and specific networking groups using the Seiden Communications proprietary template
- Determine the unique selling point that distinguishes you from the competition
- Prepare a story/anecdote to support the elevator speech
- Deliver the presentation to engage with one or more people
Session Five – REVIEW OF SESSIONS AND ACTION PLAN
- The follow up to establish relationships
- Review of sessions and challenges
- Action plan
Contact Marla Seiden at 516-437-6199 for more information.